Trust & Safety
Last Updated July 2022
Tawkify is committed to creating meaningful and safe relationships for our users. We want your dating life to be safe and sound during both Tawkify dates and outside dates. Our Trust & Safety team shares these best practices with you to keep in mind in all of your dating experiences.
If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 or your local emergency services number. If you’ve had a bad experience with a match or user from Tawkify, we encourage you to report those incidents or individuals to our Trust & Safety team so we can further investigate and take action: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tawkify, it’s Matchmakers, or any Tawkify associate or representative, will never ask you to meet in person for any purpose whatsoever. If you have been contacted by anyone associated with Tawkify requesting to meet in person please lets us know at email@example.com.
Tawkify matchmakers are experts at coordinating first dates that allow for you to have fun and explore chemistry, but also prioritize your safety and well-being above all else.
- Your matchmaker will never orchestrate a date in a non-public or remote location. If your match pressures you to change locations to an isolated place or prematurely move the date to their house, end the date and leave. Let your matchmaker know.
- You know your limits with drug and alcohol consumption better than anyone. Do not let your match pressure you into anything you’re uncomfortable with. If your date tries to pressure you to use drugs or drink more than you’re comfortable with, end the date.
- Never leave drinks or personal items unattended.
- Drive yourself or use a ride-share app to get to and from your date location so you can leave if and when you want to.
- Tell a friend or family member about your date plans, including when and where you’re going and who with and when you expect to return. If anything changes during the course of the evening, let them know right away.
- Consider sharing your location with a friend or family member via the location sharing tool on your smart device.
- Be mindful of the amount of life details you give out on a first date. Don’t reveal family members’ names, places you frequently visit, or your birth date. It’s okay to take it slow.
- Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged and keep it with you at all times.
- Don’t ignore your own instincts. If a situation is making you uneasy, don’t hesitate to call a friend or alert your server. It's ok to leave the date immediately if you feel uncomfortable.
- Order an “Angel Shot”: An angel shot is something that a patron can order to let the staff at a bar or restaurant know that they are in a difficult situation.
- Always protect your personal information (e.g., phone number, email, address, Social Security number) and avoid sharing it with people you do not know.
- E-mail or text later. Until you get to know someone, insist on communicating via the Services and do not exchange your personal contact information.
General Safety Reminders
- Never give sensitive personal information, such as Social Security number, credit card number, or bank information to anyone, regardless of why they say they need it.
- Never (ever) send money or financial information online. If another Tawkify customer asks you for money, please report it to us immediately.
- Don’t prematurely give out your home or work address.
- It is reasonable and within your rights to have an honest conversation with a partner about sexual contact before having it, including asking the last time someone was tested for STI’s.
- When used properly and consistently, condoms and other protection can reduce the risk of contracting or passing on an STI, such as HIV. However, it is possible to get certain STI's, like herpes or HPV from contact with your partner's skin even when using protection.
- All sexual activity must start with consent. Verbal communication can help you and your partner ensure that you respect each other’s boundaries. Remember that consent can be withdrawn at any time. Never proceed if your partner is unsure, or if they are unable to consent due to alcohol or drugs.
Please report any violations of our Tawkify terms to the Trust & Safety team, including inappropriate behavior (whether in person or virtual), offensive emails or messages, or asking you for money/donations. If you need additional support, consider these valuable resources:
Questions, Concerns, Comments?
If you have any questions, concerns or notices of violation of these terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at:
3 Germay Dr.,
Unit 4 #2488
Wilmington DE 19804
Copyright © 2022 Tawkify, Inc.